Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Auburn, maybe?

I'm running out of time for my "metric century a month" plan. Last Saturday's ride was only about 70 km long and it's already the 27th! The forecast for the weekend is very cold, though, so I'm not quite sure if I can pull off a 100k with temperatures well below freezing. The plan would be to ride to Auburn and back, about 120 km. Part of the plan is to get an idea if my ride to Lake Ontario and back is feasible/fun -- Auburn is almost exactly halfway between Ithaca and the lake. The elevation profile is relatively flat and I'd be on back roads almost all of the time. So a rolling average of 23 km/h shouldn't be too much of a problem, which results in 5 1/4 hours riding time. Sunrise is 7:22, so if I get going at 6, I could be in Auburn for a nice little breakfast and back home for lunch. Well, I'll think about it during the next couple of days and see if the forecast gets any warmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment